Why doesn’t my FireAngel smoke alarm test when installed or when the battery has been replaced?
Make sure you have installed the battery correctly in the product.
Why is my FireAngel smoke alarm chirping intermittently?
This may indicate that the battery needs replacing. If the battery has been replaced and is installed correctly, yet the chirping continues, contact Technical Support.
Why does my FireAngel smoke alarm activate when no smoke is visible?
• Clean the smoke alarm (refer to the ‘maintenance’ section of the user manual)
• If frequent unwanted alarms continue, contact Technical Support.
My FireAngel smoke alarm does not sound during testing. What does this mean?
• If testing immediately after first activating the alarm, you should allow a few seconds for the alarm to settle before testing.
• Make sure you push the centre of the test button firmly.
• If the unit has been silenced, it is switched off and will not test. Pressing the alarm once will turn it back on; pressing it, a second time will test the alarm.
• The battery may need to be replaced. If the battery has been recently fitted and the alarm still fails to self test then contact Technical Support.
Where should I locate my smoke alarm?
We recommend that optical smoke alarms be fitted on each level of your property. Please refer to the user manual supplied with your product for information regarding specific positioning of your smoke alarm.
How do I return a product under warranty?
We recommend that you contact the FireAngel Technical Support Line in the first instance on 0800 141 2561 (1-800 523171 in Eire), Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm as we may be able to remedy the problem quickly over the phone (this is to prevent unnecessary returns that take a longer time to process).
Alternatively, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the product model number, which can be found on the product or user manual. If there is a fault that we are unable to resolve then our Technical Support team will issue you with a returns authority number so that your product can be returned for testing.