Combination Smoke and CO Alarms should be positioned:
• Where temperatures normally remain between 4˚C (40˚F) and 38˚C (100˚F).
• On every level of your home, including finished attics.
• Inside every bedroom, especially if people sleep with doors closed.
• In the hall near every sleeping area. If your home has multiple sleeping areas, install a unit in each. If a hall is over 7.5 metres (25 feet) long, install an alarm at each end.
• At the top of the first-to-second floor and subsequent floor stairways, and at the bottom of the ground floor stairway.
Will my carbon monoxide alarm detect gas?
No. Your carbon monoxide alarm will only detect carbon monoxide, which is created by the inefficient burning of fuel (gas, coal and solid fuels etc.). This is a very poisonous gas but is not the same as LPG gas (Liquid Propane/Butane gas used in cookers or natural or methane gas). It will not detect a gas leak i.e. from your cooker.
What do I do if I suspect a leak of CO in my property?
Open all doors and windows. Turn off all gas appliances. Evacuate the property leaving all doors and windows open. Call your gas or other fuel supplier on their emergency number. Get medical help immediately for anyone suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. Do not use the appliance again until a qualified person has checked it. Some useful numbers: The Emergency Gas Service 24-hour emergency line – 0800 111 999 HETAS Ltd (for solid fuel/oil burning appliances) – 0845 22 33 033 FireAngel Technical Support: 0800 141 2561.
How do I return a product under warranty?
We recommend that you contact the FireAngel Technical Support Line in the first instance on 0800 141 2561 (1-800 523171 in Eire), Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm as we may be able to remedy the problem quickly over the phone (this is to prevent unnecessary returns that take a longer time to process). Alternatively, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the product model number, which can be found on the product or user manual. If there is a fault that we are unable to resolve then our Technical Support team will issue you with a returns authority number so that your product can be returned for testing.